WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. humanist, humanistic, humane
- usage: pertaining to or concerned with the humanities; "humanistic studies"; "a humane education"
- 2. humane (vs. inhumane), child-centered, human-centered, human-centred, humanist, humanistic, humanitarian, civilized#1, civilised, compassionate, human, merciful
- usage: marked or motivated by concern with the alleviation of suffering
- 3. humane, civilized (vs. noncivilized), civilised
- usage: showing evidence of moral and intellectual advancement
All rights reserved.
See also: humane (Dictionary)