- 1. housing, lodging, living accommodations, structure, construction
- usage: structures collectively in which people are housed
- 2. housing, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: a protective cover designed to contain or support a mechanical component
- 3. caparison, trapping, housing, stable gear, saddlery, tack
- usage: stable gear consisting of a decorated covering for a horse, especially (formerly) for a warhorse
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. house, accommodate, hold, admit
- usage: contain or cover; "This box houses the gears"
- 2. house, put up, domiciliate, shelter
- usage: provide housing for; "The immigrants were housed in a new development outside the town"
All rights reserved.
See also: housing (Dictionary)