- 1. hotfoot, practical joke
- usage: a practical joke that involves inserting a match surreptitiously between the sole and upper of the victim's shoe and then lighting it
- 1. rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move fast; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hotfoot
- usage: without delay; speedily; "sent ambassadors hotfoot to the Turks"- Francis Hackett; "drove hotfoot for Boston"
All rights reserved.
See also: hotfoot (Dictionary)