WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hostility, ill will, unfriendliness
- usage: a hostile (very unfriendly) disposition; "he could not conceal his hostility"
- 2. hostility, enmity, antagonism, state
- usage: a state of deep-seated ill-will
- 3. hostility, enmity, ill will, hate, hatred
- usage: the feeling of a hostile person; "he could no longer contain his hostility"
- 4. aggression, hostility, action
- usage: violent action that is hostile and usually unprovoked
All rights reserved.
See also: hostility (Dictionary)