- 1. horn, noisemaker
- usage: a noisemaker (as at parties or games) that makes a loud noise when you blow through it
- 2. horn, process, outgrowth, appendage
- usage: one of the bony outgrowths on the heads of certain ungulates
- 3. horn, alarm, alert, warning signal, alarum
- usage: a noise made by the driver of an automobile to give warning;
- 4. horn, saddle horn, pommel, saddlebow
- usage: a high pommel of a Western saddle (usually metal covered with leather)
- 5. cornet, horn, trumpet, trump, brass, brass instrument
- usage: a brass musical instrument with a brilliant tone; has a narrow tube and a flared bell and is played by means of valves
- 6. horn, process, outgrowth, appendage
- usage: any hard protuberance from the head of an organism that is similar to or suggestive of a horn
- 7. horn, animal material
- usage: the material (mostly keratin) that covers the horns of ungulates and forms hooves and claws and nails
- 8. horn, device
- usage: a device having the shape of a horn; "horns at the ends of a new moon"; "the hornof an anvil"; "the cleat had two horns"
- 9. horn, alarm, warning device, alarm system
- usage: an alarm device that makes a loud warning sound
- 10. French horn, horn, brass, brass instrument
- usage: a brass musical instrument consisting of a conical tube that is coiled into a spiral and played by means of valves
- 11. automobile horn, car horn, motor horn, horn, hooter, alarm, warning device, alarm system
- usage: a device on an automobile for making a warning noise
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. horn, tusk, pierce, thrust
- usage: stab or pierce with a horn or tusk; "the rhino horned the explorer"
All rights reserved.
See also: horn (Dictionary)