- 1. aspirant, aspirer, hopeful, wannabe, wannabee, applicant, applier
- usage: an ambitious and aspiring young person; "a lofty aspirant"; "two executive hopefuls joined the firm"; "the audience was full of Madonna wannabes"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hopeful (vs. hopeless), anticipant, anticipative, expectant, encouraging, optimistic
- usage: having or manifesting hope; "a line of people hopeful of obtaining tickets"; "found a hopeful way of attacking the problem"
- 2. bright, hopeful, promising, auspicious (vs. inauspicious)
- usage: full or promise; "had a bright future in publishing"; "the scandal threatened an abrupt end to a promising political career"; "a hopeful new singer on Broadway"
All rights reserved.
See also: hopeful (Dictionary)