- 1. hoot, cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
- usage: a loud raucous cry (as of an owl)
- 2. boo, hoot, Bronx cheer, hiss, raspberry, razzing, razz, snort, bird, cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
- usage: a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
- 3. damn, darn, hoot, red cent, shit, shucks, tinker's damn, tinker's dam, worthlessness, ineptitude
- usage: something of little value; "his promise is not worth a damn"; "not worth one red cent"; "not worth shucks"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hoot, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: to utter a loud clamorous shout; "the toughs and blades of the city hoot and bang their drums, drink arak, play dice, and dance"
- 2. hoot, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter the characteristic sound of owls
All rights reserved.
See also: hoot (Dictionary)