- 1. hoodoo, column, tower, pillar
- usage: (geology) a column of weathered and unusually shaped rock; "a tall sandstone hoodoo"
- 2. hoodoo, priest, non-Christian priest, voodoo, vodoun, voodooism, hoodooism
- usage: a practitioner of voodoo
- 3. juju, voodoo, hoodoo, fetish, fetich, charm, good luck charm
- usage: a charm superstitiously believed to embody magical powers
- 4. hoodoo, object, physical object
- usage: something believed to bring bad luck
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hoodoo, be
- usage: bring bad luck; be a source of misfortune
All rights reserved.
See also: hoodoo (Dictionary)