WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. honest (vs. dishonest), honorable, downright, direct, genuine#1, echt, honorable#2, honourable, ingenuous#1, artless, sincere, straight#6, square, true, trustworthy#1, trusty
- usage: not disposed to cheat or defraud; not deceptive or fraudulent; "honest lawyers"; "honest reporting"
- 2. honorable (vs. dishonorable), honourable, august, revered, venerable, laureate, time-honored, time-honoured, honest#1, honorable, just, moral, noble, reputable, worthy
- usage: worthy of being honored; entitled to honor and respect; "an honorable man"; "led an honorable life"; "honorable service to his country"
- 3. ethical, honorable, honourable, right (vs. wrong)
- usage: adhering to ethical and moral principles; "it seems ethical and right"; "followed the only honorable course of action"
- 4. estimable, good, honorable, respectable, reputable (vs. disreputable)
- usage: deserving of esteem and respect; "all respectable companies give guarantees"; "ruined the family's good name"
All rights reserved.
See also: honorable (Dictionary)