- 1. award, accolade, honor, honour, laurels, symbol
- usage: a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; "an award for bravery"
- 2. honor, honour, laurels, standing
- usage: the state of being honored
- 3. honor, honour, righteousness
- usage: the quality of being honorable and having a good name; "a man of honor"
- 4. honor, honour, purity, pureness, virtue, chastity, sexual morality
- usage: a woman's virtue or chastity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. honor, honour, reward, recognize, recognise
- usage: bestow honor or rewards upon; "Today we honor our soldiers"; "The scout was rewarded for courageous action"
- 2. respect, honor, honour, abide by, observe, accept
- usage: show respect towards; "honor your parents!"
- 3. honor, honour, accept, take, have
- usage: accept as pay; "we honor checks and drafts"
All rights reserved.
See also: honor (Dictionary)