- 1. honeycomb, structure, construction
- usage: a structure of small hexagonal cells constructed from beeswax by bees and used to store honey and larvae
- 2. honeycomb, framework
- usage: a framework of hexagonal cells resembling the honeycomb built by bees
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. honeycomb, fret
- usage: carve a honeycomb pattern into; "The cliffs were honeycombed"
- 2. honeycomb, penetrate, perforate
- usage: penetrate thoroughly and into every part; "the revolutionaries honeycombed the organization"
- 3. honeycomb, change, alter, vary
- usage: make full of cavities, like a honeycomb
All rights reserved.
See also: honeycomb (Dictionary)