- 1. homestead, land
- usage: the home and adjacent grounds occupied by a family
- 2. homestead, estate, land, landed estate, acres, demesne
- usage: land acquired from the United States public lands by filing a record and living on and cultivating it under the homestead law
- 3. homestead, dwelling, home, domicile, abode, habitation, dwelling house
- usage: dwelling that is usually a farmhouse and adjoining land
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. homestead, settle
- usage: settle land given by the government and occupy it as a homestead
All rights reserved.
See also: homestead (Dictionary)