- 1. homespun, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: a rough loosely woven fabric originally made with yarn that was spun at home
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. homespun(predicate), nubby, nubbly, slubbed, tweedy, rough (vs. smooth), unsmooth
- usage: of textiles; having a rough surface; "a sweater knitted of nubbly homespun yarns"
- 2. cracker-barrel, folksy, homespun, rural (vs. urban)
- usage: characteristic of country life; "cracker-barrel philosophy"; "folksy humor"; "the air of homespun country boys"
- 3. homespun, homemade (vs. factory-made)
- usage: made of cloth spun or woven in the home; "homespun linen"; "homespun garments"
All rights reserved.
See also: homespun (Dictionary)