- 1. homer, home run, base hit, safety
- usage: a base hit on which the batter scores a run
- 2. Homer
- usage: ancient Greek epic poet who is believed to have written the Iliad and the Odyssey (circa 850 BC)
- 3. homer, kor, volume unit, capacity unit, capacity measure, cubage unit, cubic measure, cubic content unit, displacement unit, cubature unit
- usage: an ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs
- 4. Homer, Winslow Homer
- usage: United States painter best known for his seascapes (1836-1910)
- 5. homing pigeon, homer, domestic pigeon
- usage: pigeon trained to return home
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. homer, score, hit, tally, rack up
- usage: hit a home run
All rights reserved.
See also: homer (Dictionary)