WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. holdout, negotiator, negotiant, treater
- usage: a negotiator who hopes to gain concessions by refusing to come to terms; "their star pitcher was a holdout for six weeks"
- 2. holdout, bargaining
- usage: a refusal by a negotiator to come to terms in the hope of obtaining a better deal
- 3. holdout, swindle, cheat, rig
- usage: the act of hiding playing cards in a gambling game so they are available for personal use later
All rights reserved.
See also: holdout (Dictionary)