WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. holder, holding device
- usage: a holding device; "a towel holder"; "a cigarette holder"; "an umbrella holder"
- 2. holder, owner, possessor
- usage: a person who holds something; "they held two hostages"; "he holds the trophy"; "she holds a United States passport"
- 3. holder, bearer, capitalist
- usage: the person who is in possession of a check or note or bond or document of title that is endorsed to him or to whoever holds it; "the bond was marked `payable to bearer'"
All rights reserved.
See also: holder (Dictionary)