Synonyms of hold on
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. grasp, hold on, hold, take hold
- usage: hold firmly
- 2. hold on, stop, interrupt, break
- usage: stop and wait, as if awaiting further instructions or developments; "Hold on a moment!"
- 3. persevere, persist, hang in, hang on, hold on, continue, uphold, carry on, bear on, preserve
- usage: be persistent, refuse to stop; "he persisted to call me every night"; "The child persisted and kept asking questions"
- 4. hang on, hold the line, hold on, expect, look, await, wait
- usage: hold the phone line open; "Please hang on while I get your folder"
- 5. keep, hold on, have, have got, hold
- usage: retain possession of; "Can I keep my old stuffed animals?"; "She kept her maiden name after she married"
All rights reserved.