Synonyms of hold in
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. enclose, hold in, confine, hold, bear, carry, contain
- usage: close in; darkness enclosed him"
- 2. control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate, restrain, keep, keep back, hold back
- usage: lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
- 3. conceal, hold back, hold in
- usage: hold back; keep from being perceived by others; "She conceals her anger well"
All rights reserved.