WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Hodgkin, Thomas Hodgkin
- usage: English physician who first described Hodgkin's disease (1798-1866)
- 2. Hodgkin, Dorothy Hodgkin, Dorothy Mary Crowfoot Hodgkin
- usage: English chemist (born in Egypt) who used crystallography to study the structure of organic compounds (1910-1994)
- 3. Hodgkin, Alan Hodgkin, Sir Alan Hodgkin, Alan Lloyd Hodgkin
- usage: English physiologist who, with Andrew Huxley, discovered the role of potassium and sodium atoms in the transmission of the nerve impulse (1914-1998)
All rights reserved.
See also: hodgkin (Dictionary)