- 1. fetter, hobble, shackle, bond, hamper, trammel
- usage: a shackle for the ankles or feet
- 2. hitch, hobble, limp, gait
- usage: the uneven manner of walking that results from an injured leg
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. limp, gimp, hobble, hitch, walk
- usage: walk impeded by some physical limitation or injury; "The old woman hobbles down to the store every day"
- 2. hobble, impede, hinder
- usage: hamper the action or progress of; "The chairman was hobbled by the all-powerful dean"
- 3. hopple, hobble, strap
- usage: strap the foreleg and hind leg together on each side (of a horse) in order to keep the legs on the same side moving in unison; "hobble race horses"
All rights reserved.
See also: hobble (Dictionary)