WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. grey, gray, grey-haired, gray-haired, grey-headed, gray-headed, grizzly, hoar, hoary, white-haired, old (vs. young)
- usage: showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair; "whose beard with age is hoar"-Coleridge; "nodded his hoary head"
- 2. hoary, rusty, old (vs. new)
- usage: ancient; "hoary jokes"
- 3. canescent, hoary, hairy (vs. hairless), haired, hirsute
- usage: covered with fine whitish hairs or down
All rights reserved.
See also: hoary (Dictionary)