- 1. hire, employee
- usage: a newly hired employee; "the new hires need special training"
- 2. hire, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act of hiring something or someone; "he signed up for a week's car hire"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hire, engage, employ
- usage: engage or hire for work; "They hired two new secretaries in the department"; "How many people has she employed?"
- 2. rent, hire, charter, lease, contract, undertake
- usage: hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
- 3. lease, rent, hire, charter, engage, take, get, acquire
- usage: engage for service under a term of contract; "We took an apartment on a quiet street"; "Let's rent a car"; "Shall we take a guide in Rome?"
All rights reserved.
See also: hire (Dictionary)