- 1. hint, intimation, breath, suggestion, proposition, proffer
- usage: an indirect suggestion; "not a breath of scandal ever touched her"
- 2. hint, clue, indication, indicant
- usage: a slight indication
- 3. touch, hint, tinge, mite, pinch, jot, speck, soupcon, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a slight but appreciable amount; "this dish could use a touch of garlic"
- 4. trace, hint, suggestion, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a just detectable amount; "he speaks French with a trace of an accent"
- 5. tip, lead, steer, confidential information, wind, hint, guidance, counsel, counseling, counselling, direction
- usage: an indication of potential opportunity; "he got a tip on the stock market"; "a good lead for a job"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hint, suggest, convey
- usage: drop a hint; intimate by a hint
All rights reserved.
See also: hint (Dictionary)