Synonyms of hindering
- 1. impede, hinder, prevent, keep
- usage: be a hindrance or obstacle to; "She is impeding the progress of our project"
- 2. obstruct, blockade, block, hinder, stymie, stymy, embarrass, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of; "His brother blocked him at every turn"
- 3. handicap, hinder, hamper, disadvantage, disfavor, disfavour
- usage: put at a disadvantage; "The brace I have to wear is hindering my movements"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clogging, hindering, impeding, obstructive, preventive (vs. permissive), preventative
- usage: preventing movement; "the clogging crowds of revelers overflowing into the street"
All rights reserved.