- 1. hill, natural elevation, elevation
- usage: a local and well-defined elevation of the land; "they loved to roam the hills of West Virginia"
- 2. mound, hill, structure, construction
- usage: structure consisting of an artificial heap or bank usually of earth or stones; "they built small mounds to hide behind"
- 3. Hill, J. J. Hill, James Jerome Hill
- usage: United States railroad tycoon (1838-1916)
- 4. Hill, Benny Hill, Alfred Hawthorne
- usage: risque English comedian (1925-1992)
- 5. mound, hill, pitcher's mound, baseball equipment
- usage: (baseball) the slight elevation on which the pitcher stands
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hill, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form into a hill
All rights reserved.
See also: hill (Dictionary)