Synonyms of hibernating
- 1. hibernate, hole up, sleep, kip, slumber, log Z's, catch some Z's
- usage: sleep during winter; "Bears must eat a lot of food before they hibernate in their caves"
- 2. hibernate, rest
- usage: be in an inactive or dormant state
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dormant, hibernating(prenominal), torpid, asleep(predicate) (vs. awake)
- usage: in a condition of biological rest or suspended animation; "dormant buds"; "a hibernating bear"; "torpid frogs"
All rights reserved.