WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Hess, Dame Myra Hess
- usage: English pianist (1890-1965)
- 2. Hess, Walter Hess, Walter Rudolf Hess
- usage: Swiss physiologist noted for studies of the brain (1881-1973)
- 3. Hess, Rudolf Hess, Walther Richard Rudolf Hess
- usage: Nazi leader who in 1941 flew a solo flight to Scotland in an apparent attempt to negotiate a peace treaty with Great Britain but was imprisoned for life (1894-1987)
- 4. Hess, Victor Hess, Victor Franz Hess
- usage: United States physicist (born in Austria) who was a discoverer of cosmic radiation (1883-1964)
All rights reserved.
See also: hess (Dictionary)