Synonyms of hero
- 1. hero, leader
- usage: a man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength; "RAF pilots were the heroes of the Battle of Britain"
- 2. hero, character, role, theatrical role, part, persona
- usage: the principal character in a play or movie or novel or poem
- 3. champion, fighter, hero, paladin, defender, guardian, protector, shielder
- usage: someone who fights for a cause
- 4. Hero, Heron, Hero of Alexandria
- usage: Greek mathematician and inventor who devised a way to determine the area of a triangle and who described various mechanical devices (first century)
- 5. hero, mythical being
- usage: (classical mythology) a being of great strength and courage celebrated for bold exploits; often the offspring of a mortal and a god
- 6. Hero
- usage: (Greek mythology) priestess of Aphrodite who killed herself when her lover Leander drowned while trying to swim the Hellespont to see her
- 7. bomber, grinder, hero, hero sandwich, hoagie, hoagy, Cuban sandwich, Italian sandwich, poor boy, sub, submarine, submarine sandwich, torpedo, wedge, zep, sandwich
- usage: a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of hero (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.