WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. henry, H, inductance unit
- usage: a unit of inductance in which an induced electromotive force of one volt is produced when the current is varied at the rate of one ampere per second
- 2. Henry, William Henry
- usage: English chemist who studied the quantities of gas absorbed by water at different temperatures and under different pressures (1775-1836)
- 3. Henry, Patrick Henry
- usage: a leader of the American Revolution and a famous orator who spoke out against British rule of the American colonies (1736-1799)
- 4. Henry, Joseph Henry
- usage: United States physicist who studied electromagnetic phenomena (1791-1878)
All rights reserved.
See also: henry (Dictionary)