Synonyms of hem in
- 1. hemin, protohemin, chloride
- usage: a reddish-brown chloride of heme; produced from hemoglobin in laboratory tests for the presence of blood
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hem in, surround, environ, ring, skirt, border
- usage: surround in a restrictive manner; "The building was hemmed in by flowers"
- 2. besiege, beleaguer, surround, hem in, circumvent, attack, assail
- usage: surround so as to force to give up; "The Turks besieged Vienna"
All rights reserved.