Synonyms of hem
- 1. hem, edge
- usage: the edge of a piece of cloth; especially the finished edge that has been doubled under and stitched down; "the hem of her dress was stained"; "let down the hem"; "he stitched weights into the curtain's hem"; "it seeped along the hem of his jacket"
- 2. hem, ahem, utterance, vocalization
- usage: the utterance of a sound similar to clearing the throat; intended to get attention, express hesitancy, fill a pause, hide embarrassment, warn a friend, etc.
- 1. hem, sew, run up, sew together, stitch
- usage: fold over and sew together to provide with a hem; "hem my skirt"
- 2. hem, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter `hem' or `ahem'
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of hem (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.