- 1. Greek, Hellenic, Hellenic language, Indo-European, Indo-European language, Indo-Hittite
- usage: the Hellenic branch of the Indo-European family of languages
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. classical, classic, Greco-Roman, Graeco-Roman, Hellenic, classical (vs. nonclassical), classic
- usage: of or pertaining to or characteristic of the ancient Greek and Roman cultures; "classical mythology"; "classical
- 2. Hellenic, Hellenistic, Hellenistical
- usage: relating to or characteristic of the classical Greek civilization
- 3. Greek, Grecian, Hellenic
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of Greece or the Greeks or the Greek language; "Greek mythology"; "a Grecian robe"
All rights reserved.
See also: hellenic (Dictionary)