Synonyms of hedge
- 1. hedge, hedgerow, fence, fencing
- usage: a fence formed by a row of closely planted shrubs or bushes
- 2. hedge, hedging, security, protection
- usage: any technique designed to reduce or eliminate financial risk; for example, taking two positions that will offset each other if prices change
- 3. hedge, hedging, evasion, equivocation
- usage: an intentionally noncommittal or ambiguous statement; "when you say `maybe' you are just hedging"
- 1. hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep, avoid
- usage: avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues); "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"
- 2. hedge, hem in
- usage: hinder or restrict with or as if with a hedge; "The animals were hedged in"
- 3. hedge, hedge in, enclose, close in, inclose, shut in
- usage: enclose or bound in with or as it with a hedge or hedges; "hedge the property"
- 4. hedge, minimize, minimise
- usage: minimize loss or risk; "diversify your financial portfolio to hedge price risks"; "hedge your bets"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of hedge (Dictionary)