WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hear, perceive, comprehend
- usage: perceive (sound) via the auditory sense
- 2. learn, hear, get word, get wind, pick up, find out, get a line, discover, see
- usage: get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally; "I learned that she has two grown-up children"; "I see that you have been promoted"
- 3. hear, try, probe, examine
- usage: examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process; "The jury had heard all the evidence"; "The case will be tried in California"
- 4. hear, pick up, receive
- usage: receive a communication from someone; "We heard nothing from our son for five years"
- 5. listen, hear, take heed, concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
- usage: listen and pay attention; "Listen to your father"; "We must hear the expert before we make a decision"
All rights reserved.
See also: hear (Dictionary)