- 1. hasty, headlong, hurried (vs. unhurried)
- usage: excessively quick; "made a hasty exit"; "a headlong rush to sell"
- 2. headfirst, headlong, forward (vs. backward)
- usage: with the head foremost; "a headfirst plunge down the stairs"; "a headlong dive into the pool"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. headlong, headfirst
- usage: with the head foremost; "the runner slid headlong into third base"
- 2. headlong, precipitately
- usage: at breakneck speed; "burst headlong through the gate"
- 3. headlong, rashly
- usage: in a hasty and foolhardy manner; "he fell headlong in love with his cousin"
All rights reserved.
See also: headlong (Dictionary)