Synonyms of heading
- 1. heading, header, head, line
- usage: a line of text serving to indicate what the passage below it is about; "the heading seemed to have little to do with the text"
- 2. bearing, heading, aim, direction, way
- usage: the direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies
- 3. drift, heading, gallery, passageway
- usage: a horizontal (or nearly horizontal) passageway in a mine; "they dug a drift parallel with the vein"
- 1. head, proceed, go forward, continue
- usage: to go or travel towards; "where is she heading"; "We were headed for the mountains"
- 2. head, lead, direct
- usage: be in charge of; "Who is heading this project?"
- 3. lead, head, precede, lead
- usage: travel in front of; go in advance of others; "The procession was headed by John"
- 4. head, head up, be
- usage: be the first or leading member of (a group) and excel; "This student heads the class"
- 5. steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise, control, command
- usage: direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- 6. head, originate, arise, rise, develop, uprise, spring up, grow
- usage: take its rise; "These rivers head from a mountain range in the Himalayas"
- 7. head, lie
- usage: be in the front of or on top of; "The list was headed by the name of the president"
- 8. head, form
- usage: form a head or come or grow to a head; "The wheat headed early this year"
- 9. head, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the head of; "head the fish"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of heading (Dictionary)