- 1. hazel, hazel tree, Pomaderris apetala, tree
- usage: Australian tree grown especially for ornament and its fine-grained wood and bearing edible nuts
- 2. hazel, wood
- usage: the fine-grained wood of a hazelnut tree (genus Corylus) and the hazel tree (Australian genus Pomaderris)
- 3. hazelnut, hazel, hazelnut tree, nut tree
- usage: any of several shrubs or small trees of the genus Corylus bearing edible nuts enclosed in a leafy husk
- 4. hazel, brown, brownness
- usage: a shade of brown that is yellowish or reddish; it is a greenish shade of brown when used to describe the color of someone's eyes
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hazel, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of a light brown or yellowish brown color
All rights reserved.
See also: hazel (Dictionary)