- 1. Hawking, Stephen Hawking, Stephen William Hawking
- usage: English theoretical physicist (born in 1942)
- 2. vending, peddling, hawking, vendition, selling, merchandising, marketing
- usage: the act of selling goods for a living
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. peddle, monger, huckster, hawk, vend, pitch, deal, sell, trade
- usage: sell or offer for sale from place to place
- 2. hawk, hunt, run, hunt down, track down
- usage: hunt with hawks; "the tribes like to hawk in the desert"
- 3. clear the throat, hawk, cough
- usage: clear mucus or food from one's throat; "he cleared his throat before he started to speak"
All rights reserved.
See also: hawking (Dictionary)