- 1. haunt, stalk, pursue, follow
- usage: follow stealthily or recur constantly and spontaneously to; "her ex-boyfriend stalked her"; "the ghost of her mother haunted her"
- 2. haunt, obsess, ghost, preoccupy
- usage: haunt like a ghost; pursue; "Fear of illness haunts her"
- 3. frequent, haunt, travel to, visit
- usage: be a regular or frequent visitor to a certain place; "She haunts the ballet"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. haunting, persistent, unforgettable (vs. forgettable)
- usage: continually recurring to the mind; "haunting memories"; "the cathedral organ and the distant voices have a haunting beauty"- Claudia Cassidy
- 2. haunting, moving (vs. unmoving)
- usage: having a deeply disquieting or disturbing effect; "from two handsome and talented young men to two haunting horrors of disintegration"-Charles Lee
All rights reserved.
See also: haunting (Dictionary)