WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rush, hasten, hurry, look sharp, festinate, act, move
- usage: act or move at high speed; "We have to rush!"; "hurry--it's late!"
- 2. rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move fast; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
- 3. expedite, hasten, help, assist, aid
- usage: speed up the progress of; facilitate; "This should expedite the process"
- 4. induce, stimulate, rush, hasten, effect, effectuate, set up
- usage: cause to occur rapidly; "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
All rights reserved.
See also: hasten (Dictionary)