WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. haste, hastiness, hurry, hurriedness, precipitation, speed, swiftness, fastness
- usage: overly eager speed (and possible carelessness); "he soon regretted his haste"
- 2. haste, hurry, rush, rushing, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of moving hurriedly and in a careless manner; "in his haste to leave he forgot his book"
- 3. hurry, haste, urgency
- usage: a condition of urgency making it necessary to hurry; "in a hurry to lock the door"
All rights reserved.
See also: haste (Dictionary)