WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vixen, harpy, hellcat, unpleasant woman, disagreeable woman
- usage: a malicious woman with a fierce temper
- 2. Harpy, mythical monster, mythical creature
- usage: (Greek mythology) vicious winged monster; often depicted as a bird with the head of a woman
- 3. harpy, harpy bat, tube-nosed bat, tube-nosed fruit bat, fruit bat, megabat
- usage: any of various fruit bats of the genus Nyctimene distinguished by nostrils drawn out into diverging tubes
- 4. harpy, harpy eagle, Harpia harpyja, eagle, bird of Jove
- usage: large black-and-white crested eagle of tropical America
All rights reserved.
See also: harpy (Dictionary)