- 1. harp, chordophone
- usage: a chordophone that has a triangular frame consisting of a sounding board and a pillar and a curved neck; the strings stretched between the neck and the soundbox are plucked with the fingers
- 2. harp, support
- usage: a pair of curved vertical supports for a lampshade
- 3. harmonica, mouth organ, harp, mouth harp, free-reed instrument
- usage: a small rectangular free-reed instrument having a row of free reeds set back in air holes and played by blowing into the desired hole
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. harp, dwell, repeat, reiterate, ingeminate, iterate, restate, retell
- usage: come back to; "Don't dwell on the past"; "She is always harping on the same old things"
- 2. harp, play
- usage: play the harp; "She harped the Saint-Saens beautifully"
All rights reserved.
See also: harp (Dictionary)