- 1. harness, support
- usage: a support consisting of an arrangement of straps for holding something to the body (especially one supporting a person suspended from a parachute)
- 2. harness, stable gear, saddlery, tack
- usage: stable gear consisting of an arrangement of leather straps fitted to a draft animal so that it can be attached to and pull a cart
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. harness, tackle, attach
- usage: put a harness; "harness the horse"
- 2. harness, exploit, tap
- usage: exploit the power of; "harness natural forces and resources"
- 3. harness, rein in, draw rein, rein, control, command
- usage: control and direct with or as if by reins; "rein a horse"
- 4. rule, harness, rein, restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
- usage: keep in check; "rule one's temper"
All rights reserved.
See also: harness (Dictionary)