WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. happy (vs. unhappy), blessed, blissful, bright, golden, halcyon, prosperous, laughing(prenominal), riant, cheerful, contented#1, content, glad, elated, euphoric, felicitous, joyful, joyous
- usage: enjoying or showing or marked by joy or pleasure; "a happy smile"; "spent many happy days on the beach"; "a happy marriage"
- 2. felicitous, happy, fortunate (vs. unfortunate)
- usage: marked by good fortune; "a felicitous life"; "a happy outcome"
- 3. glad, happy, willing (vs. unwilling)
- usage: eagerly disposed to act or to be of service; "glad to help"
- 4. happy, well-chosen, felicitous (vs. infelicitous)
- usage: well expressed and to the point; "a happy turn of phrase"; "a few well-chosen words"
All rights reserved.
See also: happy (Dictionary)