Synonyms of hang on
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. append, tag on, tack on, tack, hang on, attach
- usage: fix to; attach; "append a charm to the necklace"
- 2. persevere, persist, hang in, hang on, hold on, continue, uphold, carry on, bear on, preserve
- usage: be persistent, refuse to stop; "he persisted to call me every night"; "The child persisted and kept asking questions"
- 3. hang on, hold the line, hold on, expect, look, await, wait
- usage: hold the phone line open; "Please hang on while I get your folder"
All rights reserved.