- 1. disability, disablement, handicap, impairment, unfitness, softness
- usage: the condition of being unable to perform as a consequence of physical or mental unfitness; "reading disability"; "hearing impairment"
- 2. handicap, advantage, vantage
- usage: advantage given to a competitor to equalize chances of winning
- 3. hindrance, hinderance, deterrent, impediment, balk, baulk, check, handicap, difficulty
- usage: something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. disable, invalid, incapacitate, handicap, injure, wound
- usage: injure permanently; "He was disabled in a car accident"
- 2. handicap, bias
- usage: attempt to forecast the winner (especially in a horse race) and assign odds for or against a contestant
- 3. handicap, hinder, hamper, disadvantage, disfavor, disfavour
- usage: put at a disadvantage; "The brace I have to wear is hindering my movements"
All rights reserved.
See also: handicap (Dictionary)