Synonyms of halting
- 1. halt, hold, arrest, stop
- usage: cause to stop; "Halt the engines"; "Arrest the progress"; "halt the presses"
- 2. stop, halt
- usage: come to a halt, stop moving; "the car stopped"; "She stopped in front of a store window"
- 3. stop, halt, block, kibosh, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: stop from happening or developing; "Block his election"; "Halt the process"
- 4. stem, stanch, staunch, halt, check
- usage: stop the flow of a liquid; "staunch the blood flow"; "stem the tide"
- 1. crippled, halt, halting, lame, gimpy, game, unfit (vs. fit)
- usage: disabled in the feet or legs; "a crippled soldier"; "a game leg"
- 2. halting, broken (vs. unbroken)
- usage: fragmentary or halting from emotional strain; "uttered a few halting words of sorrow"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of halting (Dictionary)