- 1. halter, hackamore, headgear
- usage: rope or canvas headgear for a horse, with a rope for leading
- 2. hangman's rope, hangman's halter, halter, hemp, hempen necktie, rope
- usage: a rope that is used by a hangman to execute persons who have been condemned to death by hanging
- 3. halter, top
- usage: a woman's top that fastens behind the back and neck leaving the back and arms uncovered
- 4. halter, haltere, balancer, wing
- usage: either of the rudimentary hind wings of dipterous insects; used for maintaining equilibrium during flight
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. halter, hang, string up
- usage: hang with a halter
- 2. hamper, halter, cramp, strangle, restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
- usage: prevent the progress or free movement of; "He was hampered in his efforts by the bad weather"; "the imperialist nation wanted to strangle the free trade between the two small countries"
All rights reserved.
See also: halter (Dictionary)