- 1. center(prenominal), halfway, middle(prenominal), midway, central (vs. peripheral)
- usage: equally distant from the extremes
- 2. halfway, intermediate (vs. terminal)
- usage: at a point midway between two extremes; "at the halfway mark"
- 3. halfway, fractional (vs. whole)
- usage: including only half or a portion; "halfway measures"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. halfway, midway
- usage: at half the distance; at the middle; "he was halfway down the ladder when he fell"
All rights reserved.
See also: halfway (Dictionary)